Thursday, March 27, 2008

To Rosabelle

Today was a chilly drizzly day but thanks to my dear friend Rosabelle it was a great day. Ro took me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday - birthdays should last at least a week, I say. We had a delicious lunch at Zebus in Red Bank. It was my first time there. They specialize in breads and sandwiches and it just smells so good when you walk through the door. It's always fun to discover a new place to eat.

Red Bank has many interesting shops and we had a great time wandering through a large antique shop. We found a jack-o-lantern there priced at $175 similar to one up in our attic. I just checked ours and see that ours is in better condition except ours is now missing the thin paper of the the eyes and mouth. Sigh. It's probably from the 30's.

But this was not all! On our way home we stopped at a nursery and Ro bought me a pot of colorful cheerful pansies. So today I say thank you, Rosabelle.

1 comment:

kristen said...

I always found it interesting to go into antique stores and find interesting things. My parents actually found a piece from my grandparents dining room set in an antique shop.