Monday, March 31, 2008

12 Days Old

Posted by Picasa


Ta da! Here are my tomato plants after 12 days. I planted 20 seeds and presently have 19 plants which equals 95% germination. The challenging part will be keeping my plants happy til planting time.

This morning I planted a row of radish seeds before it began raining. My seed package says to harvest in 23 days. That will be April 23rd. We'll see.

As a Master Gardener I have answered questions on the phone for our helpline. My favorite question was by a caller who wanted to know if it was ok to pick her radishes a few days ahead of time.

2 comments:

kristen said...

They are looking good. I just hope to be able to be moved in time to be able to plant some tomatoes.

Anne K said...

You don't have much time, Kristen. Tomatoes can be planted outside after the danger of frost - here, about the 3rd week of May. You could put in a large container and take it with you!