Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Beginning

Well here goes! Yesterday I went to Ted and Patti's to watch the twins. The weather was mild and they loved biking in circles on their driveway. They just turned 3 on Valentine's Day but they both do so well riding their bikes. In fact, they both were doing great back in the fall! I brought some old building blocks from our house and the kids had a great time with them. Their coordination and imagination is incredible! Immediately the two of them built a tower taller than they were! Can you tell I'm the Grandma? During lunch as they hungrily ate their fruits and vegetables I explained to them who I am - their Daddy's mommy. They both looked at me rather incredulously. I told them when their Daddy was little he looked a lot like Timmy but he had hair like Bridget's. Bridget was really impressed with this. She kept saying "Daddy hair like me - more stories." And Timmy too.


As for today, Husband had to have surgery on his cheek for skin cancer. He came home saying they were 96% sure they had it all but they'd call in a few hours after receiving the biopsy report and if they needed to remove more he would have to go back. It was a long wait for the report but it was good. He's recovering from surgery on his arm less than a week ago. Maybe this should be Husbands story for his new blog but I'm feeling my way here. I've been invited to select a poem for poetry friday and also to select my 5 favorite parables. Sounds a little like homework! But we will see. I'll need to get a few photos on here too.

Tomorrow I have to go for jury duty. I had a phone number to call today after 4:30 to see if I had to be there tomorrow or the following day. So this may be another story! Now it's time to call our oldest grandson Anthony who turned 9 today and wish him a Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Bill said...

Husband is recovering , so far, from the surgery. My arm feels pretty good, stitches come out in two weeks. Cheek stitches come out in one week. I have to go to work with this big patch on my face tomorrow. I was hoping to find a smiley face sticker to put on it, but I don't know if we have any. Well, good luck with your new blog. I will be looking forward to reading many interesting things on it, some of which will undoubtedly be about me, so I will have to check it frequently to find out what I'm up to.

christine M said...

Glad that Dad is doing well from his surgery today.

If you need help with how to do the parables meme, just ask.