Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Vegetable Garden

It has been 10 weeks since I planted my tomato seeds. The plants are very happy now in the garden. I'm waiting for the first blossoms to appear. I did purchase an Early Girl tomato which had a few blossoms on and now has one pea size tomato. I gave a number of plants away and have been given a few. Variety is good.

Speaking of peas they are beautiful now with purple flowers. After purchasing my seeds I realized they were dwarf peas which I wasn't happy about since I have a fence for them to climb on. I soaked the seed in Vitamin C and they don't look like dwarf plants to me.

We have been eating our radishes. They were not ready for harvesting in 23 days as the package said. They took about twice as long!

Spinach has been tasty but most of the plants were undersized and bolted early. I think that soil may need some fertilizer. I've used all my compost.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: