Saturday, February 21, 2009

Drinking Sap and Designing a Closet


Posted by Picasa

This morning Bill and I left for Basking Ridge. While Bill and Teddy worked on a closet, Patti, the twins and I went to nearby Lord Stirling Park and took part in a maple syrup demo. We actually got to drink sap from the sugar maple tree. It tasted pretty much like water with a little sweetness. I couldn't taste any maple flavor. The demo was very interesting and infomative and geared for both adults and kids. At the end we got to sample finished syrup. And when we got back we checked out how the guys were doing. They did great. Tomorrow we all get to party for Stephen's birthday!

2 comments:

kristen said...

I think I told you that my father helps out at a sugar shack. it takes alot of cooking at extremely high tempuratures to get it to taste like Maple syrup. Last year he took me up there to see how it is done, and during my baby shower he took Leo over there.

Anonymous said...

Yummo....sugar maple sap is my favorite drink! Could drink it by the gallon. Been a while since I've checked your blog. Loved your report on the flower show.

Ro