Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas 62 Years Ago

Posted by Picasa

How about that Xmas tree! Fred in shorts! Art and Andy are in the picture with the tree. I was still two this Christmas and can't say I remember any of it, but I do remember many of the toys. The doll house was made of cardboard and I was allowed to play with it only on Sundays. My mother was right. She thought the house would last longer and I'd be more interested in playing with it if she made it special. I still have a few pieces of the wood furniture. I also remember the cloth doll with the black face. You could turn her upside down and pull down the skirt to reveal another head but I can't remember what the other head was! And tinkertoys were one of my favorite toys when I was a little older. I can't remember that doll or the high chair. But I must say it looks like Santa was pretty good to us that year!

1 comment:

kristen said...

I think my tree is too full this year after looking at that one.