Saturday, February 6, 2010

Leo J. Tanghe - 101st Birthday

Posted by Picasa

Today in memory of what would have been Dad's 101st birthday I am posting an excerpt from his diary of 2/9/87.

Went to Art's to celebrate my birthday. Present were: Andy and Mary Kay, Susan, George, Andrew, Alan, Linda, Mike, Karen, Chris, Linda & Brad.

I gave the people a puzzle to solve

QUIZ
xU
_____
EDWIN

with a check for $100 for the first to solve it and call me. Soon everybody was quiet as a mouse, working on it, but nobody got it during the evening.

2/10/87 Marian called at 6:45 a.m. to tell me she solved the puzzle. I sent her the check for $100. Linda Moore Tanghe called in mid-afternoon to tell me that she solved it too. Nobody else called about it.

2/6/10 I'm not offering a hundred dollars but does anyone know the answer? And Dad Happy Birthday. I imagine you're chuckling!

1 comment:

christine M said...

Grandpa would be proud - Stephen (the future Chemist) helped me solve it!