Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Twins plant tomatoes and more

Posted by Picasa

Yesterday I had a really great time with Timmy and Bridget. We worked together to plant four tomatoe plants, six impatience, a geranium, and lettuce, carrot and bean seeds. Mommy was a good worker too! The kids kept working until we finished. They are fascinated by grubs and worms which Timmy is more eager to hold than Bridget.

We were so busy I didn't take any pictures while working but after a nice cold drink the kids looked at their plants and sat in front of their garden gate. I will follow up on their family garden.

3 comments:

kristen said...

Yesterday must have been a good day to plant. I planted two flats of marigolds. Two flats of impatience. One flat of petunias. Two rhodendrums and two seedums or at least that what I think they are called my mother gave them to me. Oh, I also forgot that I planted a tomato plant. I figured it would be the day to plant since I don't know how busy I will be this weekend.

Anne K said...

Boy, were you busy. We bought a dozen geraniums and a flat of impatience on Sunday and I still have half of my impatience to plant before we go away this weekend

kristen said...

I wanted to get it done before Leo's surgery. Plus most of it was east planting because they just went into planters. The only plants that went into the ground were the rhododendrens. The rest are in deck or regular planters out back.