Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh No!

Yesterday morning a I underwent an apicoectomy. The oral surgeon went through my gum and removed my root tip along with infected tissue. He then filled it to seal the end of the root. Cost $770. Time about 20 minutes. This all occured because a tooth which already had root canal and crown became infected and I had an abscess. Actually, I had 2 abscesses next to each other which neither my detist nor oral surgeon had seen before. The oral surgeon hopes the tooth will be saved. He said it looked good but he hoped the double abscess wasn't going to bring any further complications. I hope so too. I didn't feel any pain during the procedure because of novocaine. Pain later was under controll with ibuprofen. I'm on antibiotic for a week and go back to have it checked in three weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most folks have only one abscess but you were lucky to have two......NOT!
Feel better soon, Annie.

Ro

christine M said...

At least you got it taken care of before it got worse - and before you went camping. Must look on the bright side!